Monday, May 25, 2015

Walk in the LIGHT of your FIRE

Best purchase so far as a missionary!
Well in these past few days, lots of frustration has happened!!! I can't tell you how many times people have called to cancel our appointments, and how many doors have been slammed in our faces i can feel Heavenly Father has a HUGE awesome plan in store for us, but with my mortal capacity to see eternal perspective, its a bit hard. It's also always disappointing when people you love refuse to accept the gospel. Liao Dixiong has been drifting farther and farther away and Wang Dixiong can't make his baptismal goal for the 22nd....this week. And everyone else has rejected us!!! BUT we have faith that things will turn up!! 

Agency is definitely a frustrating thing...but I can use MY agency to be happy and that's what I am really working on lately. I think I have been letting the stress of training and having lots of hard things pop up take the fun and enjoyment out of missionary work. But if it's not enjoyable, why do it you know?? I have been very aware this week that Heavenly Father has His own plan for this area. No is progressing and we are hardly finding anyone new, but we are doing what we are supposed to be doing, so His plan, not my selfish wish, is what I have to rely on.


What I have been focusing on this past week is limiting distractions and it's been the focus of our invites from the mission president this month. Getting rid of those thoughts and actions that are time-wasting and distracting and incongruous to the Spirit of the Holy Ghost and His presence in my life has realllllly been so effective!!! But I have to pray for Heavenly Father's help because there's no way I can do it on my own.

I have been saying only gratitude prayers lately, because my trainee is such a good example of simple gratitude, and it is amazing to see how many things we skip over being grateful for!!! So maybe I'll invite you all to try that and see what happens:) 

I really loved reading Jacob 5:75 this week and I love the part that says "WE nourished MY vineyard." I realized that THAT is my goal for my mission, to be able to say that I nourished His vineyard, WITH Him because it truly isn't nourished if it wasn't with His help and His guidance. How can you all do the best that you can with what He has given you, with HIS help? Think about that this week:) Also, I LOVED 2 Nephi 7:11 and it is "Behold all ye that kindle fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks, walk in the light of your fire and in the sparks which ye have kindled." HOW SWEET IS THAT. I love it. 

We need to light the fire and keep it burning our whole lives, adding new kindling to our fire, that is scripture study and prayer and going to church. And we have to let our own lights shine to others around us, walk in the light of the fire we have kindled, the relationship we have developed with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. 


these Kit Kats are a comfort to me to help me get through my paperwork
Well this week, we prayed really really hard and believed that we would find a family to teach. Well, after finding for hours all day every day this week, we found a dad and his little boy. SO CUTE. We don't know if he will really accept this amazing gospel, but we have faith that we will. And he was all that we had been praying for, friendly and loving to his little boy and interested in being baptized!!! So pray for them to progress!!! We also did a lot of service this week, lots of listening to troubled people that just don't know how to handle problems for themselves. I am so grateful that I represent Jesus Christ and can act as His hand to be a comfort in these people's lives. 



I love you all so much and even though there is no way to describe all of the miracles that happen each day and all the changes I'm going through, just believe me when I say that God's work is the most important thing. 2 Nephi 9:51 says "Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy.Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness." My favorite part (besides the part where it says we can be fat) is where it says that we need not waste our time on that which will not make us satisfied. 

The three things that I believe that we can take with us into eternity is our knowledge gained, our relationships with others, and our knowledge of the gospel. So I've been focusing on getting rid of that which won't truly make me satisfied...its hard!! I gave up chocolate for a week, but turns out it does make me satisfied so I decided it didn't need to be given up;) 

Have a great week!!!
Sister Wright (Taiwan Taipei Mission)
Rèn Jiěmèi 任曼欣姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment