Wednesday, November 26, 2014

WEEK NINETEEN: 陳鈞毅 Jerry Zaber Raul Enrique 的洗禮會


We spent this whole morning having 3 Taiwanese people running around our apartment trying to fix our toilet, our shower, and our sink. They were speaking Taiyu so we couldn't even understand what was happening. All we know is that it's all broken but they think it can all be fixed. Let's cross our fingers!

Thanksgiving this week huh?? Well that's weird since I barely even knew that Halloween passed and that means Christmas is soon right? Weirdddd!!! What are holidays, I don't even know.
  
Jerry!
SO YES JERRY GOT BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!!! He is amazing, his testimony is rock solid and he said in his baptismal testimony that he knew it was all true and was ready to be baptized in 3 WEEKS. It really goes to show how fast the Lord will help our conversion if we are willing to WORK and do the things He wants us to do! He said he knows that he will continue to face challenges, but he can do it through his new big family in the ward. He also said that it was his new birthday...a day that he was reborn and got to start over. Wow, he's amazing.

The day before his baptism we met with him and he told us all about his other names...he seems to think he can speak Spanish and English and Japanese too haha and so he has names for all of those! Jerry is his English name and apparently his English middle name is Zaber haha whaaaaat. And he told us his Spanish name is Raul and his French name is Enrique...which is not a French name nice try!!

I realized today that i really am one of the luckiest trainees right now, because my area has tons of good work, my comp is awesome, and I can ride a bike. Yes it took me a long time to get used to the traffic, but now I'm just a bit slower than my comp and at least I can do it! I get along with my comp and GuiShan has amazing prepared people...I am SO BLESSED!!



I went on exchanges with A TEMPLE SISTER this week!! I led the area. I LED OUR AREA ON MY OWN. Yes it was only for a little while but anyone who knows me knows I get lost easily and I was really worried! Plus with a temple sister, and that’s a pretty big deal, they see the Mission President everyday!! But we saw miracles and found a golden investigator, Guo XiaoJie! It was awesome, Sister Bang is amazing!!

INTERVIEWS WITH PRESIDENT DAY this week!!! So good, it made me feel a gengxin nuli...dang it I dont know how to say in English...like a feeling that I want to renew my efforts and try harder. I set goals and he reminded me that "It is better to obey than to sacrifice" which is totally true on a mission...its all about OBEDIENCE!!! As I strived to be more obedient this week, we saw hen duo de qiji...a lot of miracles!! Please pray for our new investigators with a baptismal
date, Zhong Dixiong and Chen Dixiong. We met them both while walking on the streets and our lessons with them yesterday were SO full of the Spirit! Except for when I shuocuole and told Chen Dixiong church was from 1:30-8:30...that was a bit hard for him to hear, ha ha, but I was just so tired and my Chinese was NOT working! It's like a game...How well will I speak Chinese today? Yesterday it was great all day until the night when I basically couldn't communicate in Chinese or English!! Haha it's a good thing the Spirit is the real teacher!!

Stake Conference was this week and it is hard to explain how Elder Huang of the 70 taught us about the importance of missionary+member work...but basically he is hilarious and was trying to speak English and Chinese when his native language is Cantonese so that made it pretty fun by itself! But it was full of the Spirit on Sunday and I learned that we all need to "Stop concentrating on how STRESSED you and start concentrating on how BLESSED you are!" Love it! All of you, always remember how many things you have to be grateful for!!!...especially working plumbing:)

I ate a lot of junk food this week. My comp was nice enough to take pictures of me eating everything, whether I wanted her to or not! Maybe I'll send some of them...well I had a Krispy Kreme donut this week, that was exciting! And some American Halloween candy because I GOT A PACKAGE FROM MY FAMILY!! Halloween, Thanksgiving, and a TON of Christmas decorations, I'm soooo excited!!!!


Package from home!


American Chocolate!



I resemble this man too much

train!

SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY FRIENDS WHO HAD BIRTHDAYS RECENTLY! Jessie
Christensen, Taylor Marris, Elder Mike Hopkins, Hunter Swenson, Jake Eliason, Richie Derrick, and Abbie Whitlock! And of course anyone else I missed!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Sister Wright (Taiwan Taipei Mission)
Rèn Jiěmèi 任曼欣姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment