Sunday, October 25, 2015

No One Believes I'm American


Once again, I had a week full of people asking me if I'm from China or if my mom is Taiwanese and my dad is American. Before I even speak Chinese, they ask me!!! I was born to be in Asia:)

We have a baptism this Saturday YAY! Chen Hui Mu, he quit smoking a week early and we moved his baptism 2 weeks up!! He is so awesome and is so proud of himself, as he should be. :-)

We hope to have another baptism on October 31st, Sheng Yi Ting Jiemei! She was a referral and a self contact, she's awesome!!! Her only issue is that she works almost every day, and its a rule at her place of work that she has to work at least 2 Sundays. SO, currently, she is coming to BeiTou ward on the days she has off and then going to XinAn ward's sacrament meeting when she has work at 10 am. We want to ask her to get a different job though, since she just got this one anyway. :-)

Her job is at an animal hospital and she REALLY likes it, but her testimony is already so strong, so I don't think it should be a problem. It's so cool, we taught her about repentance and invited her to repent. We followed up and she said, "Yes, I repented, then I opened my scriptures." 



She opened to Mosiah 21:13-15; 
"And they did humble themselves even to the dust, subjecting themselves to the yoke of bondage, submitting themselves to be smitten, and to be driven to and fro, and burdened, according to the desires of their enemies. And they did humble themselves even in the depths of humility; and they did cry mightily to God; yea, even all the day long did they cry unto their God that he would deliver them out of the their afflictions. 
And now the Lord was slow to hear their cry because of their iniquities; nevertheless, the Lord did hear their cries, and began to soften the hearts of the Lamanites that they began to ease their burdens; yet the Lord did not see fit to deliver them out of bondage."

She started crying as she told us how she was trying to find a way to become more humble and then she saw this scripture. During the same lesson, when we invited her to repent, we asked if she believed that God is our Eternal Father and she said she wasn't sure. Then she had THIS experience and she believes now. Heavenly Father is so cool like that, giving this experience to those who have faith and are willing to believe in and act on any answer received.

This week was amazing. We had a man Lin DiXiong self contact us and ask what difference our church had with other churches. He was super prideful at the beginning, trying to show us that we weren't any different. After we taught about the Restoration and baptism in the way that Jesus Christ got baptized, he was eager to come to the baptism that we invited him to come to this Saturday:)

Also, I WENT TO THE TEMPLE TODAY!!!!!!!!! First time since I trained Sister Haupt...about 6 months (because when you live so far away, like in Yuli, you don't get to go to the temple) !!! A little extra surprise, I SAW ASHLEY AND LUKE SANFORD!!! Yep, little high school reunion at Temple Square today:) Plus Luke's parents, it was so cool!!!


Highlight of the week: TEMPLE TOURS!! First temple tours in a loooooooooong time too. HUGE HUGE HUGE MIRACLES!! 1. Jerry and Sofia cameeeeeeeeeeee!! They came to see me, especially took work off for it:) Jerry's one year baptism anniversary is next month, and he is GETTING HIS ENDOWMENT!! yeeeeahhhh 2. We did a tour in English with a girl named Shirley, she learned about Christianity before, but she said she had a different feeling in the chapel even though she knew the stories:) 3. DO YOU REMEMBER JIANG DIXIONG FROM YULI?? The super golden 25 year old man who said his life purpose was to be baptized?? I had an inspiration to call him to see where he was living...then he TURNS UP AT THE TEMPLE TO DO A TEMPLE TOUR. By the end of the tour, he committed to meet with the XinZhuang missionaries and be baptized the first week of November!!!!!!!!!! From meeting him in Yuli to doing a tour together in Taipei...sooooooo amazing:) 4. Our investigator Xie Dixiong came and did a tour too:) 

I REALLY don't have a lot of time right now, but I love the temple and I love Heavenly Father and I love praying. We also had interviews with President Jergensen this week, and he told me alot about the power of prayer. TALK and CONVERSE with God. He is our DADDY. And your daddy loves you, so do it:) Well....Sister Sagisi goes home soon and I will be taking over this huge Taipei area, so extremely out of my comfort zone, but Heavenly Father loves to push me to my limits:) This will be an amazing week, talk to you all in another short 4 days:)


Sister Wright (Taiwan Taipei Mission)
Rèn Jiěmèi 任曼欣姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment