Sunday, November 29, 2015

Set a Stocking for the Savior, make it a Consecrated Christmas!

All of these Sisters are going home in December - except me!



I hope everyone had an AMAZING THANKSGIVING and ate a lot of food for me:) We went to an American-ish restaurant and ate American-ish roast chicken. It was the closest we could get to:) Please eat pumpkin pie and eggnog for me, that will probably not be seen in these parts!

On Tuesday, Elder Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and spoke to us about the blessings and happiness that accompany obedience. He also talked about how important it is to bear testimony to these investigators. He is so awesome, yeah he's a little new but he was so powerful!! I was in the choir that sang "Away in a Manger" for him, THAT was cool:) I got to shake his hand and hug his wife and look into his eyes. It went by so fast, but the Spirit in the room will be remembered forever! We were all standing SO silent as he walked in and the peace in the room was almost tangible. Mostly I will remember the immense feeling of love and unity I had as all of the missionaries in the whole mission were gathered and dedicated to serving our Lord Jesus Christ. 

We have an AMAZING MIRACLE to report: Theresa will be getting baptized on Christmas. Who is Theresa you might ask? She lived in Salt Lake City Utah for like 10 years or so, never got baptized, just started going to church the past 3 months, came back to Taiwan for the holidays and is going to be here JUST long enough so we can share all the lessons, get her baptized, and then she leaves December 28th, the DAY after her confirmation!!! Crazy!!!!!!!

Thanksgiving miracle:
We have this awesome investigator Zhang Wei Jun, he told us he was bringing 2 friends to our lesson on Thanksgiving. We taught him and them the Plan of Salvation. Literally best lesson ever. He asked such good questions and it was so inspired by the Spirit. Not many people in Taiwan understand everything we teach all at once, but he does. And by the end, his friend goes "I didn't know that my choices had real consequences. I will stop drinking coffee and I want to get baptized, I just worry that I won't be able to change fast enough. I want to change so that I can endure to the end, because if I didn't it would be disrespecting Heavenly Father." WHAT. This was our first time meeting with him, he has never even SEEN missionaries before as far as we know, and he uses language like this!!!!!! We also found out that the other friend is an eternal investigator who has already been following the Word of Wisdom and FINISHED THE WHOLE BOOK OF MORMON. Wow. So we will work on helping these people be baptized. Zhang Wei Jun told us his parents don't want him to keep meeting with us, so pray for him please!!!!

I went on exchanges with lovely 蕭姐妹 and Sister Gabbitas. I love these sisters, we are all best friends. Sister Gabbitas says everything about me reminds her of her best friend Brynn haha cool. Also, Sister Xiao told me that she loves me for loving her. I love being a leader who gets to show my love for others:)

Well, wish us luck this next week as we sweat for salvation and bike for baptisms:) Yes, it is still NOT COLD IN TAIWAN!!! Maybe by Christmas I'll have to wear a coat outside;) These pictures of Christmas decorations are at our recent converts house, she is from the Philippines, Sister Lita:) I love you all, PLEASE HAVE FAITH IN MIRACLES THIS WEEK!!!!!!!

Sister Wright (Taiwan Taipei Mission)
Rèn Jiěmèi 任曼欣姐妹


No comments:

Post a Comment