Thursday, October 2, 2014

WEEK TWELVE: change of attitude





 I don't have a lot of time today but I'll do my best to convey all of the spiritual experiences I've had this week. So I have been struggling with my desire to be here in Sandy. Of course I want to be in Taiwan, but I should want to be wherever the Lord wants me. So I have been praying really hard for that.

This week I have experienced so much success!!! I read a talk called "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" by Tad R. Callister and it said THERE IS NO RETREAT TO YOUR FORMER LIFE. That kind of hit me right in the face and I realized that I can't hold onto everything. I can't hold onto my selfish desires, I need to just accept that God wants me here. I have been having a lot of pain in my back and my foot and having constant headaches, but the day that I made this realization, it all stopped. As I am focusing on others, I am not thinking of myself, so I am happier. 

We had a lesson with Midnight this week. He is 18 and a recovering crystal meth and alcohol addict. I had never met him, but when we came out of our lesson, my companions said "Wow, what you said really clicked for him, his eyes lit up!" and I couldn't remember for the life of me what I had said. The Spirit had just spoken through me and said what he needed to hear. We also had a lesson with Quentin and the same thing happened with him. Because I was giving my will to the Father, I was able to be a more holy vessel for His Spirit and was able to tell everyone what they needed to hear. 

Some other awesome people we are working with include Markus Sharette. He is coming back to church and he is SO awesome! He compared scripture reading to being lost in the desert for a long time and they someone serves you a four-course meal...an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and comfort. Also, we missionaries teach a class Tuesday nights and he's the only one who has come both times so far!! He told us he's our number one fan:)

I also learned more about Jonathan Bosch, our golden investigator!! He came to America for college and learned English on his own and is now working for the NBA because he's so ambitious. His main goal is to be more selfless. He is so perfect! I just can't wait for his baptism in November!!! We also have a guy name Robbie getting baptized this next week or two! 

One of the highlights of my week was dinner on Friday. One of the ward mission leaders, Michael Bowcutt, served in Taipei. He invited us over to eat, and there was him and 2 other RMs from Taipei along with two Taiwanese members! We had homemade dumplings and wintermelon tea!! Then two non-members from China came over!! I canNOT express how good it was to use my Chinese and how awesome it was to realize I still understood everything they were saying! God is good, He gave me such an amazing opportunity and is helping me maintain my Chinese skills! I am so so so grateful! I am also grateful for all the rain and the beautiful rainbow I saw this week. God also knows how much I love rain:) 


We had 1st Transfer Training this week so I got to see all of my Chinese friends from my zone!! They are all having such awesome success and Elder McNeil even has the chance to teach in Chinese sometimes! It was so good to see them and speak Chinese and realize I get to see all of my MTC friends in Taiwan!!

The General Women's Broadcast was also awesome, plus we got chocolate fondue after:) MAN I AM EATING SO MUCH! This past Thursday, we had 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches and a dinner. People love to feed us and my comps can't say no!!! Yikes...I'm ready for all that biking in Taiwan!

Funny stories from this week:
We are trying harder to talk to more people on the street so Sis. Swain was talking to this one guy about how she is a representative of Jesus Christ and he says "Did Jesus tell you that?" well...the prophet called us and Jesus told him! haha We also sat at the LONGEST red light ever between very sketchy looking guys who motioned for us to get in the backseat and then followed us for a bit...yah well that's pretty much it for funny stories. It's less funny, more awesome out here in the real mission field :)

I can't tell you how grateful I am to have a renewed vigor and determination to do the work. Since I had that realization that I needed a serious attitude adjustment, we have had more and more lessons and more people telling us they want to meet with us. The work is picking up!! I am so excited!!! I love you all and wish you the very best of weeks! Also, listen to Vocal Point's CD Lead Thou Me on because we listen to it every day and I love it:) 

We sang in church yesterday!!! That was good...I Know That My Redeemer Lives was the song. I also GET TO GO TO CONFERENCE!! yay:) Oh and I finished my first REAL planner! That's exciting. And we get to see Meet the Mormons next week!!

Love,
Sister Wright
Sister Wright (Salt Lake City South Mission)
Rèn Jiěmèi (Taiwan Taipei Mission)
任姐妹


No comments:

Post a Comment