Sunday, February 8, 2015

WEEK 30: Today marks 7 months on a mission....

Well I am almost half way done with my mission MAKE IT STOP!!! TIME IS TOO FAST. Anyway...

This week has been amazing, so full of miracles. I am the happiest I have been on my mission because I am deciding to be. I know that God loves me and my relationship with Him gets stronger and stronger every
day...now I just wish that my companion would be happy. She is very unhappy most of the time and at first I thought it was because I wasn't happy enough, I wasn't loving her enough, I wasn't a good enough example...but I am realizing that happiness is her choice, it is ALL of our choice how we want to deal with the challenges and
weaknesses we have.  But God loves us and knows we all have our own issues and THAT is EXACTLY why we have Jesus Christ's Atonement to rely on!! It's so awesome! I only hope that through my constant reminder that God loves her and I love her, she will start choosing to be happy.

Our investigators are doing pretty well! One of our baptismal date investigators sent us a "break-up" text, pretty much doesn't want to meet anymore. We called her and she said MAYBE after 過年, but it didn't seem very sure so that's disappointing. But 黃弟兄 is really excited for his baptism in three weeks!!!  Our other baptismal date investigator Wendy is trying her first week living the Word of Wisdom and she's doing great!!

We had a miraculous lesson yesterday with a You 姐妹. She has depression and when we told her that God knows her and loves her, it was like too good to be true! We shared scriptures and the Spirit was so strong and she is so prepared that she pretty much taught herself and applied the scriptures incredibly!! I can't quite describe it, but I could feel God's love for her as I was sitting there and I felt so privileged to be able to introduce this gospel to her and give her knowledge she needs to overcome her problems! According to me, the only thing that stands in the way of her being a three week baptism is if her anxiety and depression keep her from coming to church or meeting with us. She told me something that was a miracle to me...that she too was touched and wanted to know more about this gospel because of my 眼神...the same light in my eyes that the member from 桃一 told me about a few weeks ago! I couldn't believe it...I don't feel like I am doing anything special to have a super powerful light, I am just doing what God wants me to and following the rules every day...but because God needs these people to be helped, He has made His light shine through weak little me. I was so humbled and honored that I could make her feel that way.

We are seeing so many miracles, and I am so grateful I got to do temple tours this past Saturday. We asked a member if she would be willing to do one with us and come to find out, she's been less active for 16 years and just recently had come back to church. We started the tour like normal, planning to focus on the temple and missionary work. I had a feeling about 6 or 7 minutes into the tour that we needed to talk about the Plan of Salvation. The other lady on the tour with us was a mom investigating the church and we had planned to share about baptism for her, and what we were talking about could not really super smoothly flow into the Plan of Salvation but whatever I followed the prompting. My companion had no idea what was going on, but we went with it. We showed a video about a boy whose mom had died and how he felt peace because of the knowledge of God's plan for us. After the
video was over, this member told us that her husband had died and she had felt abandoned and that's why she went inactive. Following a prompting helped us really teach to her needs!! Awesome!! We also gave a Book of Mormon to a man who had met missionaries on the street many times but NO ONE had given him one!! Such an awesome privilege!!

Also at the temple I SAW ALL OF MY MEMBERS FROM 桃一支會!!!! Pretty much everyone I have ever cared about from that ward...EXCEPT FOR SOFIA AND JERRY I WAS SO SAD!!! But everyone is doing so great, it was such a miracle and a way that God showed His love for me that I got to see them all :)

Oh I almost forgot, I got to go to my old apartment in 龜山 this last week to clean it up for whoever lives there next!!! I figured it would be another pair of sisters, but....the 龜山Elders are moving in there TOMORROW!!!! I took pictures but the thing isn't working on the computer...so I'll just have to send them next week :)

I want to share a scripture from Luke 22:32 "But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou
art converted, strengthen thy brethren."
And I want to thank you all for your prayers and know that I am praying for all of you. I want to strive to strengthen those who have not yet been converted. I know that this is what my calling is, to help people know that they have a Heavenly Father and Savior who LOVE them....and I want you all to know that too. I love you and I love
being a missionary.

Sister Wright (Taiwan Taipei Mission)
Rèn Jiěmèi 任曼欣姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment